I love bread! I love making bread, baking bread, smelling bread, and of course, EATING bread! At home, when I’m not travelling, I always make my own bread. I love experimenting with different ingredients and trying out different ways to make bread. It is so much fun to try out different bread recipes and even more exciting to create new ones. Having said that, it is quite time consuming to make a loaf of bread. Seeing that my family are also bread addicts, sometimes half a loaf of bread would mysteriously disappear without my knowledge and by the time I realize I would not have the time to bake another loaf for the meal I had planned. When this happens, scones are my best friends!
Scones can come together in a relatively short amount of time. However, I am particularly excited about this recipe. They are sooooo easy to make it’s almost embarrassing. Yet, you will be blown away at how amazing they taste (and smell)! Incredibly flaky with a light, delicious aroma of coconut, this recipe has become one of my (and my family’s) favourites!
This recipe has been adapted from “3-Ingredient Coconut oil biscuits” from Gimme some Oven.
So Easy Coconutty Scones
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ Cup coconut oil (solid)
- ¾ Cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and sea salt in a big bowl
- Cut in coconut oil with a pastry cutter until you get a crumbly mixture (this could also be done with two knifes or forks)
- Stir in milk and mix until everything comes together
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for a couple of minutes until a smooth dough forms, be careful not to over knead
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin to around ½ inch thickness
- Cut out each scone with a cookie cutter and place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for around 10 to 15 minutes until lightly golden on top
- Cool on a wire rack