Who doesn’t like a good chocolate pie? Being a bit of a chocoholic myself, it is hard for me to imagine what it would be like to miss out on delicious, chocolaty desserts due to dietary restrictions. In fact, I had never given it a thought until I had invited some dinner guests who were allergic to dairy products. I was determined to make a dessert that was rich, creamy, and oh-so-decadent without the use of any cream, butter, or dairy milk. I had found the perfect recipe.
I have used this recipe time and time again and every time my guests have never been able to figure out the main ingredients in this amazing pie. How could something that tastes so sinfully delectable actually be good for you?
Well, be prepared to be blown away! Not only is this chocolate pie healthy and delicious, it is so simple to make. No slaving away for hours in the kitchen to make this baby, hands-on time totals up to be around 15 – 20 max! So go ahead, try this out! You’ll love it! =)
This recipe is an adaptation of the gluten free chocolate avocado banana silk pie by Petite Allergy Treats.
Soooo Gooood Vegan Choc-Avo Pie
- 1 Cup almond flour
- ½ Cup coconut flour
- ¼ Cup coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 medium avocados
- 3 large bananas
- ¾ Cup cocoa powder
- ¼ Cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine flours and salt in a mixing bowl
- In another bowl mix together maple syrup and melted coconut oil
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until a sticky paste forms
- Press onto greased pie plate
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden
- Cool completely before adding filling
- Place all filling ingredients into a food processor or blender
- Process/blend until smooth
- Pour filling into cooled pie crust
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving
- Decorate with your choice of toppings (berries/coconut/nuts)