If you are brand new to Yoga, welcome! Below are some general guidelines which may help make your first visit more enjoyable.
- Be patient and kind to yourself as you move through your practice.
- Arrive 5 to 10 minutes before your scheduled class. This will give you time to set up and allow your body and mind to settle in preparation for the class.
- Please remove your shoes upon entering the studio. Yoga is best practiced with bare feet.
- For hygienic reasons, it is recommended to bring your own Yoga mat to class.
- Turn off any mobile devices for the duration of the class.
- Avoid having a big meal two hours prior to your class. Many Yoga asanas involve twisting and bending at the torso. Practicing Yoga with a full stomach may cause discomfort.
- Wear comfortable exercise clothing.
- It is advisable to layer up, or bring a sweater to class. Body temperatures tend to drop during the cool-down near the end of the class. Having something to keep you warm will make your experience more comfortable and allow you to sink deeper into relaxation.